• I am serving in the Georgia Atlanta Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from January 26, 2016 to August 1, 2017. This blog contains weekly letters and pictures about my experience.

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Where Can I Turn for Peace


Hey Y'all!

It's been a pretty awesome week! The weather is amazing, I have a great companion, and we work with the best investigators! :D I couldn't ask for more blessings.

Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?"

First up on my list of awesome things is Eddie. Eddie is doing amazing! He came to church again on Sunday, and is planning to come next week. :) He talks to us all the time. We had a few really great lessons with him this past week. First, we taught him the Plan of Salvation in a members home on Wednesday. He had lots of questions, but the spirit was strong and he seemed to like it and get it by the end. After church, we also had a brief lessons where we walked around the temple. You see, the temple and our chapel are connected, taking investigators to the temple is a very easy thing to do. :) When we were talking to him, Eddie noted the amount of peace and conviction that we have as a church. This is the second time he has noticed the peace that comes from us and other members. As we finished up our little temple walk we invited him to baptism, and he accepted to be baptized on Fathers day! :D It's a long ways out, but we have much to teach him and he has much to work through before he can enter the waters of baptism. Please pray for Eddie and that he will continue his progression in the gospel.

We also had the opportunity to celebrate Valentines day at a less-active's house who we didn't know too well. She is a super sweet lady, we discovered. :) She fed us a yummy Spanish meal and we were able to talk to her and her son about charity, which is something she felt she needed. You see, she had planned on having all her children there for dinner on valentines, but her Ex-husband has ruined her plans and was being inconsiderate about the time he took from them. She was not very happy, but after we read about having charity she decided to have a better attitude about it.

"Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One."

Now that I think back on it, not too much noteworthy has happened this week! Haha! :) I ended up getting sick and had to stay in for a few days, which cut our proselyting time short. Yesterday was our first full day out in a little while, and we were blessed with a great lesson! We set up an appointment a little while ago with this former investigator we found in our area book named Rosie, she was super sweet. As we shared the Book of Mormon with us she seemed interested. She wants her children to have a stronger foundation in Christ and is willing to do anything for them to have that. The spirit was strong as we testified of the gospel and how it can also bring peace into her life, she took a Book of Mormon asked US for a reading assignment and set up a return appointment before we could even ask! It was pretty cool. :) We are excited to come back and teach her more.

"He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end."

This morning we had the opportunity to go to the temple and do a session for P-day. And as I sat in the chapel thinking of what I wanted to share with y'all I came across the song "Where Can I Turn for Peace," in the hymnal. What caught my attention was the message it shared that through Christ is where true peace lies. It made me thing of a scripture in John,
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
The words of the Lord are powerful ones. In our most desperate times, we can turn to Him for peace. He leaves us with peace, he wants to give us peace, so that our hearts can be at rest. when we are going through big changes and chaos, how reassuring is it that the Lord promises us peace? It brings great comfort to me especially when I enter the house of the Lord and feel the spirit bring peace to my soul. We never have to worry, God and Christ are there to bring us peace. :)


Y'all's Southern Bell,


Sister Welch


We went to Coke World last week on P-day, here are a ton of pictures we took.





Here's the vault where they keep their secret recipe.

Hey everyone, remember this from Germany?  It's the Coke version of our favorite drink, Spetzi!

I never heard of this before and it was actually pretty good!

Does anyone remember coke cans that looked like this?






No comments:

Post a Comment