• I am serving in the Georgia Atlanta Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from January 26, 2016 to August 1, 2017. This blog contains weekly letters and pictures about my experience.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy

Hey Y'all!

Yup, it's me, Sister Welch. :) I may not be on the mission now, but I still have many miracles. Here is an update on the temporary home life!

From His light-house ever more..."

First off, a medical update for all those who wish to know. I am having my first jaw surgery this Wednesday. They will find out if the infection got into the bone and find the best anti-biotic that can treat it. If the infection does not return in the next 2 months, then I can return to Atlanta Georgia! If it doesn't, they will do surgery again and remove the molar closest to the site which should solve the problem and give the site more room to heal wihtout getting infeced again. If so, then I can return 2 months after that surgery. I am also having a sinus surgery to repaire a deviated septum adn clean out my sinus's in hopes of stopping my frequent sinus infections and making it easier for me to breath. Wooh! :D

"But to us he gives the keeping
Of the lights along the shore."



After my return home, I went out to eat dinner with my parents and Great Grandmother who is turning 94 on Wednesday. She is still so healthy and lives all by herself in a 3 story condo. I can't believe she is still so strong! We had such a good time with her as she shared stories from her childhood and meeting her husband. It was a great opportunity to see her again so soon. :)






"Let the lower lights be burning;
Send a gleam across the wave."


I had the wonderful opportunity to go to a plethora of doctors appointments, and also to spend some time with my good friend Sister Palmer who has also returned early from her mission to the Atlanta North Mission due to health reasons. The highlight of our time together was when we went to the Bountiful temple to do endowments. It was my first time doing a session in this temple and I was in awe at how big it was! I guess I'm still used to Atlanta's small size. When I entered the rooms my jaw almost dropped. Haha!

I was also recruited to give a talk in a different ward with a departing missionary. It was so much fun to talk with her about going out. She was very excited and very nervous. It reminded me of how I felt 9 months ago. It was a very exciting time, but also a very scary time. But I wouldn't trade the last 9 months for the world.

"Some poor fainting, struggling seaman
You may rescue, you may save."

In preparation for my talk I studied a lot on love at home. I realized how much I have seen the Lord's love for all of His children. I never realized how much he cared for each individual until I set out to teach all of them the gospel. Heavenly Father puts those special people in our paths just so that they can have another opportunity to accept the living gospel. How amazing is that?! I love this gospel, I loved being his servant and I can't to head back out and be his full-time servant again. Until then, I'll do his will here. :)


Y'all's Southern Bell,



Sister Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment