• I am serving in the Georgia Atlanta Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from January 26, 2016 to August 1, 2017. This blog contains weekly letters and pictures about my experience.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Thrown a Curve Ball

Hey Y'all!


So I know last week I told y'all that I was going to be welcoming in a new missionary from the MTC, however I really think the Lord likes to throw me through loops. :P 

That night I received a call from my mission president, telling me that I would actually not be training, but would be serving another transfer as STL with a new companion. WHA?! I just wrapped my head around training! Oh well, when God throw's you curve-ball's, all you can do is to keep swinging and do the best you can. :)
My new companion is Sister Tracy, she was trained by sister K just before I came in, which is pretty nice because she knows the ward and the area for the most part. 

Sister Kanongata'a with President and Sister Foote
wearing the leis she gave them.
This week has been a little crazy, what with Sister Kanongata'a leaving, and sister Tracy coming in. At transfer meeting, we gave President and Sister Foote leis, which they so appreciated.  The day before, we spent much of our time going around and visiting members to say goodbye. It was tearful, everyone was happy to see my amazing companion moving on to another chapter in her life. :)

The remainder of this week wasn't too eventful. My poor new companion got pretty sick, so we weren't able to go out much. However, we were able to see a few people. One included the illusive Miss "C" whom we saw with a member. Apparently she was in a pretty bad car accident, however, thankfully she was okay. She was feeling pretty sick, and is still rattled about her accident. We shared a scripture with her, to help her feel the spirit and love of God, then left. It was so good to get in contact with Miss "C" and just see how she is doing. she may not be an investigator right now, but she is still someone we can plant seeds with and keep a good relationship with.

On Saturday, we needed to stay in because my Companion was so sick. However, I spent my day watching some old General Conference sessions and putting together this baby blanket that a less-active member gave to us a long time ago apparently. That was pretty fun. :) It's not done, but I hope to finish it some time. I don't really know what to do with it when I'm done, but I'm sure I'll find some way of using it!  

This past week was definitely not what I expected, but I'm okay with that. :) One thing I have learned especially out here in the Field, is that nothing will go how you expect it to go. It only goes how the Lord wants it. He knows everything, all the details. That is why things happen the way they are. I'm glad that He controls His work instead of me. I love this area, and love being out on a mission. Because I'm actually an STL again, I will have the privilege to attend a Mission Leadership Council with Elder Craig A. Cardon of the 70 on top of attending a mission wide Tour with him. I'm so excited for this event and to have a general authority come to the mission. I hope to learn a lot from him and our amazing Mission president and his wife.

Y'all's Southern Bell,


Sister Welch


PS-
Becca is becoming well known for her giant chocolate chip cookies.  Her district begged her to make some for their last meeting together before transfers. Here are some pictures of them enjoying the cookies.  (Seems like every district picture is out of focus LOL. Hopefully by the end of her mission they'll figure it out and we will have one where we can see all their faces.)



No comments:

Post a Comment