• I am serving in the Georgia Atlanta Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from January 26, 2016 to August 1, 2017. This blog contains weekly letters and pictures about my experience.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I Stand All Amazed

Hey Y'all!
"I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died."

It's been a little while since a medical update. All is well, though. :) I had my sinus surgery and it has so far been a great success! Besides a stuffy nose that will last a few weeks, everything is clearing up. The doctor promises no more problems for a long time. :) As for my jaw: I will be seeing an infectious disease doctor today for his input and to develop a plan of action for my treatment. It's amazing to me how medical science has advanced so far as to help someone like me be cured in such a short amount of time!

These past couple weeks have been a little crazy. :) On top of my sinus surgery I was also asked to speak again in another ward and invited some youth practice missionaries over for dinner and a beautiful lesson. 
"I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine
To rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine,
That he should extend his great love unto such as I,
Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify."


On Monday, I got to help out with my mom for the festival of trees. She was part of a committee that made treats for the event to sell for Primary Children's fundraiser. We made a bunch of short bread triangles and chocolate dipped spoons. The whole day was filled with baking, dipping, and wrapping. A week from tomorrow we will be heading out to help set up stands for the various trees that will be auctioned off for the hospital. I'm excited to do this and will tell y'all all about it next week. :)

"I think of his hands pierced and bleeding to pay the debt!
Such mercy, such love and devotion can I forget?
No, no, I will praise and adore at the mercy seat,
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at his feet."

To top off the week, I was asked to bake cookies and help prepare a lunch for the missionaries in the zone that covers my stake. It was a wonderful opportunity that I wouldn't trade for the world. It was great to see full-time missionaries filled with the spirit and ready to go out and preach the gospel. While there, my mom and I met the mission president and a senior missionary couple who both happened to be related to us, which was way crazy! :D The Lord really puts many miracles into our paths. After the conference, I was asked to make more cookies for the next conference in salt lake city. It was so much fun! I'm excited to do it again!


"Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"

These past couple of weeks have been amazing and encouraging. :) As Thanksgiving draws closer, it really draws into perspective all that we have to be thankful for. I chose this song as my theme because we have so much to be amazed about. All the tender mercies and all the gifts our heavenly Father gave each and every one of us is truly wonderful. He cares for us so much, that to top it all off, he sent His Son. Jesus Christ loves us so much to suffer and die for us. That is the greatest gift that I can be thankful for. All though I am not in the most ideal circumstances, and sometimes it's easy for me to think about how awful it is to have had to go home early for a short time. But it's easier for us to look at the negative and not remember the gifts. I am grateful for my Lord. I am grateful for His gospel. And I am grateful for all that he has done for me in my life. I challenge y'all to think of what amazing gifts of God you are grateful for this week. :)

Y'all's Southern Bell,


Sister Rebecca Welch

Some more baking fun for the festival of trees!







The missionaries sang "Called to Serve" to thank us! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment